Faculty caller :"I don't know my user ID, password or ID number. Can you help?"
Student Caller: "I can't log into email. It asks for a user ID. What's that?"
badPwdCount 33
Help Desk Guy: "IT help desk this is Help Desk Guy"
Student Caller : "Is this the IT help desk"
Help Desk guy refrains from saying "No moron. I answer the phone like that for fun"
Help Desk Guy: "Yes it is"
Student Caller: "I got an email saying my system has been blocked from the network for a virus and I have to reformat and re-install my operating system to be allowed back on the network. What does this mean?"
Seriously?
Help Desk Guy: "It means you have a virus. You need to reformat your computer to clean it. That means reinstalling your operating system as well"
Student Caller: "So I have to reformat?"
Help Desk Guy: "Yes"
Student Caller "Then reinstall my Windows?"
Help Desk Guy: "yes"
Student Caller "How do I get around that?"
Help Desk Guy "You don't if you want to use the network again"
Student Caller "So what does this mean?"
Seriously?
No comments:
Post a Comment