If you call someone and they say something along the lines of "IT Help Desk. Can I help you?" you might guess that you are not calling the University's International Affairs Office. Don't get pissy with me if I don't happen to know who Amy is. She's not in my department, and there are over 1,000 users here. I don't know them all personally, and have no idea if "Amy" is in the office.
Note that having both the monitor and tower powered up is important to having a working computer.
Student Caller: "I'm having problems setting up my new email" Not how she said it, paraphrasing.
HelpDesk Guy: "Do you know your user ID?"
Student Caller: "No"
Help Desk Guy "How about your student number?
Student Caller: "No"
Help Desk Guy "The registrar might be able to help you if you know your Social Security Number"
Student Caller: "Wat's dat?" yes, that's how she said it.
Ah the joys of incoming freshmen. She prolly doesn't know her shapes either.
Owwww
ReplyDelete