Staff Caller: "I have a thing that needs set up"
In the caller's defense, this was a while ago, and I forget exactly what the thing was that he needed. However, he didn't know what it was at the time that he called, just that he needed someone to come to this office to do it.
Help Desk Guy: "So we need to send someone to your office?"
Staff Caller: "Yes"
Help Desk Guy: "What is your user ID"
This takes much longer than expected, as we have to cycle through the various ID's that he uses for all sorts of non university things. After about 15 mintues, finally get something that my system recognises, but there's no office address listed. It's not a huge campus, but big enough that you need building and room number for the Techs to be able to find the people.
Help Desk Guy: "Where is your office?"
Staff Caller: "In the Student Union Building" No, we don't call it that, but that's essentially what it is. Big building, 3 floors, cafeteria, book store, conference rooms, offices, etc.
Help Desk Guy:"What room number?"
Staff Caller: "I don't know"
Help Desk Guy: "That's a pretty big building, is there any way to find out the room number"
Staff Caller: "I don't know what it is"
Help Desk Guy "So where do I tell the technician to go so that he can find you?"
Staff Caller: "To my office"
Help Desk Guy: "Which is where?"
Staff Caller: "Student Union Building"
Does this remind anyone else of the very first computer program you might have written that is something like:
10 Write "Hello World"
20 Goto 10
No comments:
Post a Comment